Monday, October 22, 2007

Welcome to WMS Editorial

Thank you for finding your way to the blog of Walker Manuscript Services--WMS. We provide full editorial services to publishing companies, book packagers, and authors. Whether you need complete editorial services or just one or two services, WMS can provide what you need.

What to Expect in This Blog
It seems as though everyone who has access to a computer has a blog. Some (all right, me) have more than one. This blog focuses on writing and publishing. Some entries will come from my personal experiences, while others might feature the viewpoints of others in the publishing industry. I'll do my best to update this blog regularly but, things happen.

Who Am I?
I have worked in the publishing field for almost twenty years. I began as a proofreader for an academic publisher. I also worked as a production coordinator and editor for that company. When I left there, I freelanced for a year before taking an in-house proofreading position with a publishing services company. I moved into editorial and project management, and I continued to freelance on the side. Eventually I accepted an in-house position as an editor with my largest freelance client. When she decided to restructure her company and turn to freelancers for editorial services, I became a full-time freelancer--or as I prefer to think of it, I became the owner of an editorial services company.

I've been on my own for almost a year now. At times it's been scary, but I've never been out of work. There hasn't been as much of it as I'd like, but it's been steady. Things have not always run smoothly (see the post Be Careful What You Wish For), but I'm happy as a clam working at home, surrounded by cats.

No comments: